SHUT UP & WRITE! with Judy Bridges
The Class that Inspired the Book
FOR BEGINNING AND EXPERIENCED WRITERS
Redbird Studio, in the Marian Center
3195 S. Superior St. Milwaukee 53207
Winter - 2015
6 Saturday Afternoons
Jan 17, 24, 31, Feb 7, 14, 21 (Snow date: Feb 28)
12 noon - 3 pm (bring your lunch if you want)
$345 (deposit to hold place in class: $100)
Register early. Class fills quickly.
Develop your skills
This nationally known class has helped many writers get moving on the road to success. It doesn't matter whether you are just starting out or have been writing for years, there is always more to learn and this is a great opportunity.
Enjoy the company of a small group of people from all backgrounds, all ages, all levels of education and experience. Beginners use this class to learn the brass tacks. Pros use it as a tune-up or to polish skills in added areas of writing.
One reason for the success of the class is that it attracts the right people - those who want to learn, are willing to work, and have a sense of humor. Let's face it, people who want to sit around and wait for good things to come to them, will not take a class called Shut Up & Write!
Judy specializes in sharing practical tips and techniques you can use to write fiction and nonfiction stories, articles, memoirs, essays, plays, and corporate communications. Learn how to:
- Get your thoughts (and materials) organized
- Bring your characters to life in fiction and nonfiction
- Write powerful, attention-grabbing scenes
- Get, and hold, your readers attention
- Master Point-Of-View, Show vs Tell, and Narrative Drive
- Get, and give, useful, encouraging, critique
Judy Bridges is the founder of Redbird Studio, and author of the award winning book, Shut Up & Write!
What students say:
"I can't remember the last time I enjoyed something as much as I enjoyed this class. I felt safe, stimulated and inspired."
Marie Moody New Berlin, WI
"Gave me the help I need to organize and make something out of my thoughts."
Tricia Mowen Austin, TX
"Simplifies the process for me, even as an already professional writer."
Judy Fossen Delafield, WI
Registration Information for Shut Up & Write!
Fee: $345, due no later than 14 days before class starts
Deposit: $100, holds space until final payment is due
- Register by mail by sending your check and contact info to Redbird Studio, 3195 S. Superior St. #209, Milwaukee, WI. Include your phone, address, email address, and start date of the class.
- Register through Pay Pal with your credit card, or with your Pay Pal account.
- Your registration will be acknowledged via email, or by phone.
- If you cancel more than 14 days before the class begins, your payment will be refunded, less a $25 processing fee.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the class begins, your payment (less the processing fee) will be refunded only if we are able to fill your space in the class.
- There is no refund for drops or missed classes.
- If Redbird Studio cancels your class, you will receive a full refund.