3195 S. Superior St. Milwaukee 53207
Jan 8, 15, 22, 29, Feb 5, 12, 2014
$345 includes class materials ($100 deposit)
Register early. Class fills quickly.
Develop your skills
This nationally known class has helped many writers get moving on the road to success. It doesn't matter whether you are just starting out or have been writing for years, there is always more to learn and this is a great opportunity.
Enjoy the company of a small group of people from all backgrounds, all ages, all levels of education and experience. Beginners use this class to learn the brass tacks. Pros use it as a tune-up or to polish skills in added areas of writing.
One reason for the success of the class is that it attracts the right people - those who want to learn, are willing to work, and have a sense of humor. Let's face it, people who want to sit around and wait for good things to come to them, will not take a class called Shut Up & Write!
Judy specializes in sharing practical tips and techniques you can use to write fiction and nonfiction stories, articles, memoirs, essays, plays, and corporate communications. Learn how to:
- Get your thoughts (and materials) organized
- Bring your characters to life in fiction and nonfiction
- Write powerful, attention-grabbing scenes
- Get, and hold, your readers attention
- Master Point-Of-View, Show vs Tell, and Narrative Drive
- Get, and give, useful, encouraging, critique
Judy Bridges is the founder of Redbird Studio, and author of the award winning book, Shut Up & Write!
What students say:
"I can't remember the last time I enjoyed something as much as I enjoyed this class. I felt safe, stimulated and inspired."
Marie Moody New Berlin, WI
"Gave me the help I need to organize and make something out of my thoughts."
Tricia Mowen Austin, TX
"Simplifies the process for me, even as an already professional writer."
Judy Fossen Delafield, WI
Registration Information for Shut Up & Write!
- Register by mail by sending your check and contact info to Redbird Studio, 3195 S. Superior St. #209, Milwaukee, WI. Include your phone, address, email address, and start date of the class.
- Register through Pay Pal with your credit card, or with your Pay Pal account.
Fee: $345, due no later than 14 days before class starts
Deposit: $100, holds space until final payment is due
- Your registration will be acknowledged via email, or by phone.
- If you cancel more than 14 days before the class begins, your payment will be refunded, less a $25 processing fee.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the class begins, your payment (less the processing fee) will be refunded only if we are able to fill your space in the class.
- There is no refund for drops or missed classes.
- If Redbird Studio cancels your class, you will receive a full refund.
Recent Workshops and Events
The Itchy Pens Workshop: How To Get Started
Kicking off the Marathon County Public Library
Series in Wausau, WI
Thurs. Oct 3, 2013
To register contact the Marathon County Library:
300 N. First St, Wausau, WI 54403
ITCHY PENS is for all who have dreams of writing, who wonder if they can do it or if it's worthwhile.
Noted writing coach Judy Bridges helps you decide what to write, in what form, how to get organized, and where to begin.
Bring your notebook or laptop to take notes, and who knows, maybe get that first page written.
Womens' Writing Retreat
The Clearing, Ellison Bay, WI
Sun-Sat. September 8-14, 2013
Writers intermediate and above cherish this week full of hours they can call their own. Whether you write fiction or nonfiction, long pieces or short, for yourself or for publication, you will enjoy the morning warm ups, quiet afternoons to write, and evenings to read, write or hang out by the fire. Add a conference with a caring mentor and the company of others who share your love of writing, and you are practically in heaven.
The Womens' Writing Retreat is designed for writers who want a solid chunk of time in which to focus on their work. In the mornings, we gather for warm-up and optional feedback sessions. Afternoons are designated quiet writing time, giving you the luxury of writing in silence, with no interruptions, for as long as you please. Private conferences take place throughout the week and are optional.
Whether you want to work on your book, finish a short story, craft a nonfiction article or complete your memoirs, you are bound to make progress during this wonderful week.
Class is appropriate for experienced writers. (Note: Judy is allergic to fragrances. Please plan to use FF products during this week. Click here for information about Fragrance Free products)
Register with The Clearing
920-854-4088 or toll free 877-854-3225
12171 Garrett Bay Road
Ellison Bay, WI 54210
920-854-4088 or toll free 877-854-3225